Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Dark Knight

The House of Gordon jumped onto the bandwagon and went to go see the newest installment of the Caped Crusader on Saturday afternoon. Two hours and 32 minutes of a dark ominous film with quite the moving and erratic performance by the late Heath Ledger. Sure, we wondered if the hype concerning his Joker performance was solely based on his untimely death. But really, the effort and immersion he put into the Joker was jaw-dropping. Unsettlingly brilliant.

Before we get too far into it however, as always the trailer:


A "hero" who teeters along the edge of superhero and pained vigilante, Batman plunges into painful depths and tortured inner confusion, desolation, and isolation. Chaotic and dark. Rampant and wild. A crazy ride with a Joker who is by far the best (and darkest) of the bunch: no campy 1960s TV Cesar Romero, and leagues more demented that Jack Nicholson in 1989.

A classic.

An easy Full Price rating by the House of Gordon.

1 comment:

Me is a pronoun. It is the objective case of I. said...

I have talked to the House Master about his fascination with "Super Hero" movies. Batman could possibly be excluded from this category since he has no natural or mutant "super" powers...just a butt-load of money and a world to be pissed at. For now, we'll call him a super hero.

I am not a movie goer; save the occasional kid's flick for the girls. In fact, I generally hold the movie industry in contempt. Much as I have recently given up on MLB as a worthwile entertainment venue for me.

However, I was working in a movie theater in high school at the time Tim Burton's original Batman came out. I save a special place for BM...and it is not my rectum.

I look forward to this BM as well. I hope it doesn't smell.

(Not that you asked)

Love,

Duke