Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Day!...on the road for my beloved Indians

Regardless of the recent cold snap, spring is in the air and my step is just a little bit lighter. Baseball season is finally here. Officially. (Granted the first game was Sunday night with just the Braves and Phillies playing, but today was the big day with regard to the teams playing.)

My Cleveland Indians opened on the road Monday night in Texas. And promptly got shellacked 9-1. And it wasn't even that close. Our lonely singular run was scored on a wild pitch as pictured here. Ugh. 2008's Cy Young Award winner and 2009's #1 guy Cliff Lee just got pummeled. Enjoy the thrilling recap here.

Still, baseball is here and I couldn't be more excited. With the dark cloud of steroids, the shenanigans of pampered athletes, the mind-boggling salary structure, with all of it....I am still a little kid when it comes time for baseball and follow it with obsessive wonder. Major leagues, local minor leagues, Indians minor league teams, all of it.

I love it.

And more importantly, this coming Friday will be another installment of our Kappa Psi fraternity-brother-plus-other-friends Opening Day get-together at Jacobs, er I mean "Progressive", Field to sit in the damp cold and bond with each other...something I really look forward to every year. And this year will be extra special for me in light of recent relationship issues. Their support has been unwavering and, not that there's anything wrong with it, their love keeps me strong. So it will be GREAT to catch up with old friends in person and hug and smack each other and laugh and make fun of each other and revert back to being 19 or 20 years old.

I love baseball.

1 comment:

Ups+Downs said...

Yeah...what that Chris said.

Have a safe trip over.