Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Joe Jackson Tripel

In my haste of posting about the latest trip up to NoVA / DC, I had neglected to post the recipe for the Belgian Tripel that James and I brewed. Am I an idiot or what?

2 cups Belgian Caramel Pils malt
9 lb. Light Dry Malt Extract (DME)
1 lb. clear Belgian candi sugar
1 oz. Centennial hops (8.5% alpha acids) at minute 60
1/2 oz. Tradition hops (5.3% AA) at minute 35
1 oz. Glacier hops (5.2% AA) at minute 10
1 Whirlfloc tablet
WLP530 Abbey Ale yeast

OG (original gravity) goal 1.091, actual 1.070. Hmmm....quite a bit low. Our 8.2% beer will probably only be 6.5% or so. At least with the QUICK fermentation it should be free of contaminants and infection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I thought it was a "secret" recipe.

J.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flash said...

What part makes you exclaim "OMG"?