Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Who wants a free XL Winston-Salem Dash t-shirt?

Behold! THIS fine garment could be yours! Went to my 2nd Kinston Indians @ Winston-Salem Warthogs, er, "Dash" game in as many nights. Went into the park with just what I had on me, and left with a fabulous prize. A smashing t-shirt. Sadly, it is sized an XL and when all is said and done would not properly showcase my stunning XXL physique.

Want it?

How'd I get it? I was selected my the mid-inning entertainment guy (due to my Indians garb) to answer trivia questions over the loudspeaker concerning the Major League film trilogy, those wacky comedies about the Cleveland Indians. I got 4 out of 5 correct, my lone mistake from Major League III and something about the South Carolina Buzz or something or another. Frankly, I was the awesomest film ever made, II sucked, and I never did in fact even see III on principle.

Kinston took a 4-0 lead after the top of the 1st inning, and it went all downhill from there. My inside-out rally cap in the 9th got Kinston a run, but in the end it was a 10-5 loss. Ouch.

My newfound followee and souvenir ball donor Ronald Rivas did not play, but did take his turn coaching 1st base during the later innings:


Sat in the same seats as Monday with Jim and Jeannette...the only 3 people seemingly clapping for Kinston. And Jeannette got herself a ball lobbed to us by Kinston's first baseman after an inning. (As I am a complete baseball dork, hollering his name over and over (Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!) with hands awaiting did the trick.) But in any event, the rains stayed away for another evening of Cleveland Indians minor league baseball. A fun time.


No comments: