Thursday, September 17, 2009

I may not be a hunter, but I do so enjoy cooking meat.

Awwwww yeahhhhhh....new grill a-comin'. The ol' Aussie grill finally died. So many replacement parts were needed, it would just behoove me to purchase a new grill. At least that's the reasoning I gave myself.

And purchase one I did: Big Red. 750 square inches of enameled cast iron grating.

My prize is the Char-Broil Big Red 3-Zone Infrared Grill. Billed as "infrared" heating, but rather it's more of a radiant heat. Instead of directly over flame causing flare-ups an whatnot, this one has a u-shaped "trough" above the burners that radiates heat to the food. The trough will allow me to add wood chunks for smoking, liquids for steaming, and collect an easy cleanup of drippings. Goes up to 700 degrees for searing or down low for slow BBQing; my heat range choices are wider than the old one.

It's big. And it's pricey. So to minimize any screwing up that I may do, I'm having my people at the Home Depot assemble it and deliver it to me. Can't wait!!!

No comments: