Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for Browns football

I love the Browns. It is a blessing and a curse. The amount of character-building occurring just by being a Browns fan is immense. Sure I bitch about their shoddy play, their inept skills, their ability to rankle me on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, but they're MY team. MY heroes. MY gaggle of plain-helmeted warriors.

Be that as it may, it gives me permission to scream and bemoan their recent (well, not so recent) stretch of ineptitude. The latest gem? Hometown (well, a town a smidge under 2 hours south of Cleveland) boy Brady Quinn gets to play quarterback for his beloved Cleveland Browns. Every young boy's dream. Played through a broken fingertip on his throwing hand and ended up damaging a tendon. Giving rise to possible surgery and a definite end to his season. Sigh....

At least he's already been named the starter for 2009!

Today, and every day, I am truly thankful for the Cleveland Browns, but am frankly tiring of the bad tidings that accompany my team.

2 comments:

Ups+Downs said...

Well said Flash.

I love the picture of the jersey that guy is wearing. It really captures the mess we have had at QB since the Browns were re-born.

Ups+Downs said...

I had to re-visit that picture after recent developments. Cross Quinn and Anderson off the back of the jersey and add Dorsey.

What a year the Brownies have had...sigh.