Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Hangover

Hit up a matinee this afternoon. A movie that I kept pushing to the back burner time after time after time. It just made cinematic history if you will by being the highest grossing "R" rated comedy of all time. I guess that's some sort of reason to celebrate.

I've never been to Vegas. I've never really had the urge to go. I guess it just creeps into my mind every now and then as a possible destination, but it just never calls to me. Maybe it's because in my brief experiences with gambling on cruise ships, the siren sings and I blow all my winnings. Or maybe it's the fact that the town just sours me without me ever going. How?

Maybe when a certain someone would go on "conference trips" or "fundraising functions" and one would occur in Vegas, I may not be invited or be able or "allowed" to go because the time would be filled with conferences or fundraising, and then upon return when asked how all the conferences and fundraising went, the answer was that the certain someone didn't go to a majority of them because they just painted the town instead. Well, I can certainly see how my mere presence would be a negative or not even wanted or just result in a huge hindrance. But I'm not fucking bitter or anything.

I digress. The movie. We're here for the movie. We're here for some fun. Movies are fun dammit! Here's the trailer (please turn the volume down if you're at work, there's naughty language):


This ain't no Tom Hanks/Adrian Zmed party. Oh no. This bachelor party is loaded with stress and chaos and just utter angst. 3 guys lose the groom. And to top it off, none of them have any IDEA what happened the night before. How can you piece together clues when you have no idea where to start?

There were plenty of times during their stressed out search for answers that I inexplicably and uncontrollably burst into a guffaw. And this happened all throughout the film. The one-liners and humorous twists take the Vegas bachelor party cliche and elevate it.

This movie was fantastic. An easy Full Price rating from me. More hilarity begins instantly when the credits roll, so just stay in your seat for the photographic fun.

No comments: