Monday, August 31, 2009

My first trip to Cleveland Browns Stadium!

Saturday. Preseason NFL football. The Tennessee Titans travel to play my beloved Cleveland Browns. One of my cohorts in our little "North Carolina roving Browns party" on Sundays has had season tickets with 3 other guys for the Browns. One of them mentioned wanting to get out of it due to his sadness and frustration with the Browns' lack of success. I chewed it over, asked Art if it were to occur if he might be game, then proceeded to buy out the disenchanted owner.

Art and I own 1/4 of a set of Cleveland Browns season tickets.

Giddy.

So, our first game was Saturday. I used to go to quite a few Browns games pre-1996 when the "original Browns" were still around and not the Baltimore Ravens. But since 1999 when the "new Browns" returned, I had not been to new Cleveland Browns Stadium yet. Impossible to buy tickets online. Sure, I could probably buy some in person from a scalper in the Muni Lot, but that's difficult to pull off from down here.

Flash? Meet Section 504, Row 23, Seats 15-16.


Sure, they're high up. Sure, it's August 29th we began to get COLD. Sure, the players look like ants. But it doesn't matter. We have guaranteed tickets to BROWNS GAMES for the foreseeable future. And that can't be measured empirically.

Opening kickoff:


And I kept recording Joshua Cribbs and his kickoff/punt returns just in case something BIG happened, but this one was the best that would occur:


This was just too, too cool. I LOVE IT!!!!!



No comments: