Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dave Matthews Band tour

OK, so I'm a member of the Dave Matthews Band fanclub, "The Warehouse". Their concerts kick some serious ass. The jams and riffs and improvisations are spectacular. Songs that take 12 minutes to complete? Awesome. Second-hand marijuana smoke? Sure, I'll take it.

So anyway, they're coming out on tour this spring supporting a new CD. Locally! Or should I say, "locally"? Outdoor arenas in Charotte and Raleigh. Me? Well hell, I'll put my name into the fan club lottery for primo pavillion tickets for both.

Wednesday April 22 in Raleigh.
Friday April 24 in Charlotte.

Put in for both. It coincides with work schedules as I work 8-4 each day. I am so, as they say, "there".

For both.

Kick ass.

Bittersweet though as these will be the first North Carolina concerts since the death of Leroi Moore, the uber-horn player, whether it be sax, trumpet, horn, whatever. It will be emotional to see who takes on the torch of DMB horns. I for one am just glad they're trudging on and going forward after his tragic death.

Who else sings about the plight of Native Americans and their removal from tribal lands? Seriously. "All I can say, to you my new neighbor, is you must move on or I will bury you.....Don't drink the water, there's blood in the water." (Appropriate the YouTube snapshot below shows Leroi bellowing on his sax...)


Giddy.

The official word hits the street in early January. Can't wait to hear where my seats are...

No comments: