Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Productive insomnia

Kimberly is frigging out of town yet again, so my day was kept quite busy to prevent madness from setting in. Observe:

Work from 8-4.

Go and browse Williams-Sonoma and pick up a soup cookbook, an immersion blender, and a lemon pound cake mix.

Stop by another of our pharmacy locations to pick up some prescription vials they're lending us.

Log on the computer for generalized surfing but mainly to set my College Bowl Game Pick 'Em league.

Meet two co-workers at P.F. Chang's for dinner at 7:30pm.

Hit the grocery store at 9:00pm.

Drop by my store at 9:30pm to deliver those vials I picked up earlier.

Come home, then spend the remaining hours in the kitchen. First, I make the Williams-Sonoma lemon pound cake.



Make a Funfetti yellow cake I got at the grocery store.

Transfer the Centennial Madness homebrew to the secondary fermenter.

Dry hop the Centennial Madness in secondary.

Clean the heck out of the gunky primary fermenter so I can brew tomorrow. Then rinse, and rinse, and rinse, and rinse, and....

Clean up the kitchen.

And now as this post ends just past 3:00am it's finally time for bed. Tomorrow's a busy day off with plenty of things planned: brewing a "Canadian Ale", making Spicy Chicken Corn Chowder using my new soup cookbook, smoking a huge ass turkey breast, logging on the computer for two hours of live continuing education in the evening, and maybe trying my hand at replicating personal Greensboro restaurant fave Taste of Thai's massamun curry. (Did you read that James? Possible homemade massamun curry.)

Yawn. Good night (morning).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Ooo! Ooooooo! I want! I want!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your staying quite busy....are you getting my emails? Hope all is well. Perfect the beer my freind...they will become the base of next adventure....."The Recovery Room" Ale and Smoke House.....for those who finally figured out the most important phrase in life....."FUCK IT....POOR ME ANOTHER ONE AND GIVE ME A LIGHT"!
G