Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dominican Republic v.2.0 - departure

It's sad. The time is nigh. It's time to pack up our things and depart. Last night's karaoke afforded us a rather late evening, but that's OK, we have a 4+ hour bus ride ahead of us back to the airport in Santo Domingo. But first, it's time to say goodbye to a new friend:

A huge piece of driftwood Duke brought up from the beach. Fare thee well, kind driftwood. You've served us well.

So now we board the bus, and the final roll call is made. Our time serving the Dominicans for this year is over. A tugging at my heart occurs, but it is tempered with the refreshing realization that this trip has truly helped to elevate me from my recent relationship doldrums. The future is wide open. There are people far worse off than me. February 2010 cannot get here soon enough. Adios!

2 comments:

Me is a pronoun. It is the objective case of I. said...

Flash,

I am welling up right now after reading the DR series. You definitly have a way with words and pictures (I not have way). I am grateful for the chance to be a part of such a great outreach...and the chance to do it with one of my closest friends only heightened the experience. Thank you for paving the way for my opportunity to be part of the team.

Next year, however, I am flying from OH...those last 8 hours were a killer!

SSSSSSSUPER BIEN!!!!!!

Flash said...

Awww, stop it. I'm in a fragile state. You're going to make me cry.

In all seriousness, it was indeed an awesome trip to experience with you.