Wednesday, June 24, 2009

David Sedaris in Winston-Salem


Tuesday night saw my favorite storyteller descend upon his home state of North Carolina and give a reading at the Barnes & Noble over in Winston-Salem. After work and attending to the dogs, it was a quick drive over for some coffee and (shocker) book purchases, making my "to read" queue swell to almost inconceivable volumes.

It was difficult to physically "see" him, as 9:00am that morning saw the wristband giveaway begin. Work beckoned or else I would have stood in line for one. But regardless of the enormous crowd for the 7:00pm start, a standing spot on the periphery and a well-placed speaker system allowed me to still enjoy the reading and giggle appropriately (and sometimes inappropriately) at his sardonic humor. I love him.

No comments: