Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Destination: Cooperstown

A sluggish start after such an exhilarating concert the previous night.  Couldn't sleep.  Eddie Vedder was AWESOME.

Anyhoo, it was a lengthy drive from Baltimore to upstate New York.  More specifically, Cooperstown, NY.  The home of the National Baseball Hall of Fame.  A museum and a village (it's not even a TOWN) that warms my heart.  I love it here.

Got into town, er, village, right before dinner.  Checked in to the gorgeous Inn at Cooperstown and it was more than advertised.  An 18-room inn that has all the charm and comforts you could hope for.  I seriously think that next time I come here, if there isn't a room available, I would consider not going.  Really.  It's THAT beautiful.

After settling in, I hit up Main Street for some dinner and window shopping.  The amount of baseball-related shopping here is mind-boggling.  And truthfully, I didn't do all that much "window shopping"...I frankly cut to the chase and did outright shopping.  Caps, a personally-engraved bat, an old-style glove, shirts; hell, this town (village) is my personal heroin!!!

Tomorrow looks to be an in-depth all-day affair at the Hall of Fame.  They're open 9am-9pm during the summer, and I'm here for 2 1/2 days.  I'm a normally painfully slow museum-goer, so add the bonus of subject matter that I REALLY get excitable about?....and it may not be enough time!

No comments: